The LATAM group announced the expansion of its fleet-converted-to-cargo growth plan, under which it expects to gradually add 10 Boeing 767-300 Boeing Converted Freighters over the next three years, totaling a fleet of up to 21 aircraft of cargo by the end of 2023. The first will be received by the end of this year.
Sonnedix Power Holdings Ltd has closed financing for a 160-MWp solar project in Chile, alongside its joint-venture partner Cox Energy America SAB de CV. The solar energy companies secured $120 million from Sumitomo Mitsui Bank Corporation (SMBC) to fund the development of the Sonnedix Meseta de Los Andes solar PV project. The transaction was closed via their joint venture Sonnedix Cox Energy Chile, in which Sonnedix holds 70%, while its partner owns the remaining 30%. Once the plant starts operation, it will be capable of producing over 385 GWh of power per year.
Austral Gold Limited has discovered two new gold-silver rich veins at Amancaya Mine in Chile following the receipt of new assay results from 11 drill holes. The Oeste Vein has been intersected by two core diamond drill holes with best results of: 2.41 metres at 0.19 g/t gold and 55.2 g/t silver; and 1.17 metres at 24.98 g/t gold and 77.3 g/t silver. Four core diamond drill holes have intersected the Este Vein with the two new intercepts of: 4.27 metres at 7.81 g/t gold and 33.0 g/t silver; and 1.8 metres at 3.1 g/t gold and 1.5 g/t silver.