Highview Enlasa's first liquid air energy storage facility in Latin America will be a 50 MW CRYOBattery system in the Atacama region in Chile. This is the first joint venture between Highview Power and Energía Latina SA. The system will be located in Diego de Almagro. The project, with an investment of approximately $150 million, is currently in the pre-feasibility engineering phase and is scheduled to enter environmental processing in August of this year. Construction is estimated to start in the second half of 2023.
According to McKinsey's analysis, tourism is expected to return to pre-pandemic levels by 2024. Depending on how efficient sanitary control is, recovery could be earlier. The study suggests that the first thing the tourism industry should focus on is local travelers.
Chile's centre-left became the great winner of second round regional elections held Sunday after winning most of the governorships, including that of the capital, with 99.9% of votes counted. The Constituent Unit pact between left and centre parties won in Santiago de Chile, where Christian Democrats candidate Claudio Orrego got 52.7% of votes. This is the first time in history Chile elects its intermediate authorities instead of appointing them via the government.
With a month and a half to finish the first 10% withdrawal of pension funds, 90% of the affiliates have completed this pricess while the remaining 10% (1.2 million peope) have not. In total, $21.128 billion have been paid.
According to the National Labour Demand Survey (Enadel), more than 20% of companies in the trade, forestry and agriculture sectors expect to increase their workforce this year. 38% of trade companies and 44% of companies related to forestry and livestock reported difficulties in filling vacancies. This is due to a lack of interest in the industry or inexperienced candidates applying.